Expert Installation, Maintenance and Repair of Ductless Mini-Split Air Conditioners & Heat Pumps
Serving Englewood, Venice, Sarasota, North Port, Port Charlotte and Punta Gorda
Ductless AC: Flexible, Cost-Effective and Energy Efficient Heating and Cooling
Ductless air conditioners (also known as mini-split air conditioners) are some of the most versatile and energy efficient heating and cooling systems available.
Like central (split) air conditioners, ductless systems have two main components – an indoor unit connected to an outdoor unit. However, they transport air via small refrigerant lines, without the use of ducts. Each indoor unit provides cooling (or even heating) to a single room for maximum control and efficiency.
Benefits of Mini-Split Air Conditioning
- Flexible Comfort – Single-zone and multi-zone applications provide customized heating or cooling a single room, multiple rooms, or your entire home.
- Reduced Energy Costs – A ductless system can save you up to 40% in cooling costs compared to a ducted split system air conditioner.
- Less invasive to install than (ducted) central air conditioning systems.
- Precise Temperature Control – Inverter-driven compressor technology maintains a consistent temperature in your space, reducing power consumption and increasing comfort.
- Quiet Operation – both the indoor and outdoor units operate quieter than a whisper at as low as 19db(A).
- More secure than a window unit.
- Mounting Options – There are different types of ductless units available that can be mounted to the wall, the ceiling or near the floor.
- Remote Operation – The units can be operated via wireless remote control. Plus, you can control your single or multi-zone system from anywhere via an app on your smartphone.
Where Can I Use Ductless HVAC in My Home?
Ductless air conditioners are extremely versatile. While they can be used as a replacement for central air conditioning, they are most commonly used in the following applications:
- Enclosed lanais, room additions and renovations, garage workshops, wine rooms – any part of your home where adding or extending ductwork is either not possible, too costly, or too invasive.
- As a supplement your existing central air conditioner. If there is a room in your home that is always too hot or too cold – a common problem with central air conditioning systems – ductless systems can help you keep these rooms comfortable all year round.
- In buildings without existing ductwork or central air conditioning
Let our expert technicians help you select the perfect ductless system for your home. Call us today – (941) 474-3691
Types of Ductless Mini-split Systems
Your home deserves the best heating and cooling products available. We offer the following types of high-quality ductless air conditioning systems for residential and commercial applications.
Mini-Split (Single Zone) Systems
Mini-split systems, also known as single-zone systems, are a type of ductless system consisting of an outdoor unit connected to a single indoor unit. A mini-split provides energy efficient cooling or heating comfort to a single room or “zone”.
Multi-Zone (Multi-Split) Systems
Multi-zone systems, also known as multi-splits, can have one or more indoor units connected to one outdoor unit. Each indoor unit is located in a separate room or “zone”, allowing you to control the temperature in each zone individually. This is an excellent choice for buildings without central AC or existing ductwork.
Need even more temperature control? Ask Us About VRF (Variable Refrigerant Flow) Systems.
Another type of multi-zone system, called Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF), enables the connected indoor units to heat one room and cool another at the same time. VRF systems do require a minimal amount of ductwork.
We Sell & Install the Following Mini-split Brands:
Daikin Ductless Mini-split Air Conditioners and Heat Pumps:
- Cooling only systems and heat pumps (variable refrigerant volume (VRV) systems available)
- Single-zone and multi-zone systems
- Energy efficiency up to 26.1 SEER
- 10-year or 12-year parts limited warranty* depending on the model.
- Wall-mounted units, ceiling cassettes, floor/ceiling units and ducted units available
Key Features & Benefits
- Smart Inverter Technology – Daikin’s inverter technology is a true innovation in the field of climate control. The principle is simple: inverters adjust the power used to suit the actual requirement – no more, no less! Single & multi-zone systems deliver the capacity required to maintain desired room conditions, typically reducing energy consumption by up to 30% or more compared to traditional fixed-speed ducted systems. This technology minimizes temperature fluctuations and provides continuous cooling and heating comfort.
- Whisper Quiet – Daikin systems feature low indoor and outdoor operating sound levels. Daikin systems most often operate at low speeds with indoor sound levels as low as 19 decibels
(dB) and outdoor sound levels as low as 46 dB. Activate the indoor unit quiet operation and sound levels drop by 2-3 dB for gentler heating and cooling, quiet operation.
- Intelligent Eye – The intelligent eye is an infrared sensor with the ability to sense movement in the room. When you are in the room, the air conditioner operates normally. If you leave the room for more than 20 minutes the air conditioner automatically changes to an energy-saving operation. Using the intelligent eye, savings of up to 20% in cooling and up to 30% in heating can be achieved compared to units without this feature.
- ECO+ – An intelligent feature that ensures optimum energy consumption while fulfilling basic human comfort needs. Once activated, set temperature will be adjusted automatically to an optimum energy consumption level.
- Self-Diagnosis – In the event that a problem develops with the unit, malfunction codes can be displayed on the liquid crystal panel of the remote control for fast and easy fault diagnosis.
- Air-Purifying Filter with Photocatalytic Deodorizing Function – This combination operates as a highly-effective unit and can be used for up to three years if periodic maintenance is performed.
- Titanium Apatite Photocatalytic Air-Purifying Filter – This filter combines the air-purifying filter and titanium apatite photocatalytic deodorizing filter in a single highly effective unit. The filter can last for up to three years without replacement if washed once every six months.
- Specialized Air Filter – The pre-filter net is impregnated with a safe, colorless and odorless agent that is intended to help reduce mold on the filter itself.
- 24-Hour On/Off Timer – The timer can be preset to start and stop the air conditioner at any time within a 24-hour period. Once the times are set, the air conditioner can be operated
for a period by simply pressing the ON or OFF timer buttons.
- Weekly Timer – The weekly timer function makes it easy to enter up to four settings per day for each day of the week. The weekly timer function not only allows you to program on and off time, but also the desired temperature.
- Night Set Mode – Through the use of the ‘Timer-OFF Circuit’, the preset room temperature gently rises in cooling or falls in heating before the unit stops. This energy-saving
feature allows you to sleep comfortably without feeling a sudden change in thee room temperature, while at the same time saving energy.
Why Choose Us to Install or Service Your Ductless System?
We are a locally owned and operated company, providing our customers with premium air conditioning service since 2002. Our certified technicians provide expert installation, maintenance and repairs for all types of residential and commercial HVAC systems.
- Licensed, bonded and insured AC company
- YORK Certified Comfort Expert
- FPL Participating Independent Contractor™
- Two Locations in Englewood and Punta Gorda
- We’re members of the local Chambers of Commerce, actively sponsoring and supporting local events and charities.
- FPL Participating Independent Contractor™
- Specializing in residential and commercial HVAC
- Read more about us
Get a Free Quote on a New Ductless (Mini Split) Air Conditioner or Heat Pump
Do you live in Sarasota or Charlotte County? Kobie Complete’s service area spans from Lakewood Ranch and Sarasota to Punta Gorda. Fill out the form below or call us at (941) 474-3691 to get a free, no-obligation quote on a new ductless system installation.
*Complete warranty details available from your local dealer or at www.daikincomfort.com. To receive the 10-Year Parts Limited Warranty or the 12-Year Parts Limited Warranty, online registration must be completed within 60 days of installation. Online registration and some of the additional requirements are not required in California or Quebec. If product installed in a commercial application, limited warranty period is 5 years.